After analyzing over 200 of our Facebook Ads setup projects, I found the main problems of scaling e-com in facebook ads our clients have faced before, and so I’ve highlighted for you what options have helped to solve them.
1. ROAS below payback.
– Not enough budget per group for optimization; too many ad groups with small budgets.
– Low CTR.
– Too narrow audiences.
– Mixing audiences for attraction and retargeting.
– No work with retargeting.
Solutions: Revise and optimize the structure of advertising campaigns for attraction and retargeting, revise the targeting settings and communication with potential clients.
2. The purchase price increased.
– CPM growth.
– Decrease of actions while increasing cumulative frequency on ad groups.
– Campaign structure and/or retargeting communication is absent or poorly optimized
– Overlapping of audiences.
Solutions: redesign campaigns; expand an audience; change of the offer or the whole advertising creative; unification of interests.
3. Unable to scale sales. Increasing the budget increases the price per sale.
– Ad Groups do not have enough data to increase the budget and are not ready for scaling.
– Rapid budget increase.
– Too narrow audiences in the groups.
Solution: to reconsider the structure of advertising campaigns according to the current budget, do not make changes in the groups while they are in the learning phase, a gradual increase of the budget according to the data received during the study stage and the demand on the market.
4. Unstable sales. Sales are jumping around and not being able to increase ROAS because of this.
– Insufficient budget per group for optimization.
– Many ad groups with small budgets
– Frequent editing of campaigns.
Solution: revise and optimize the structure of advertising campaigns for attraction and retargeting, taking into account the budget for groups coming out of the learning phase.
I hope this article helped you to figure out your own problem of scaling for e-com Facebook ads. Have any questions? Post a comment under this article or in my Instagram.